Monday, June 11, 2007

10 June Update


Wow, where to start - much has happened since my last update. First was Sam finally deciding he was ready to stop using diapers. You can see him proudly dropping trou' to display his new "big boy underwear!" Then came Ben's first communion at church last Sunday which went well. In the picture above, Ben is checking himself out in the mirror with a new elephant towel. :)
On the next day we got some sad news - Scott Davis, who we know from church, passed away after an all-too-brief struggle with brain cancer over the past five months. As we felt deep sympathy for Scott's family, we also experienced a sharp reminder of the uncertainty in our situation.
This past weekend, Sarah's long-time friends Nicole and Shelby flew in from out-of-town so the three of them could do a girl's weekend. They stayed in downtown Chicago to take in the sights together and really enjoyed themselves. I think I managed ok at home with the kids, too. :)
Sarah continues to feel ok. Just waiting for the next scan to determine how well the Abraxane is working on her liver mets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Love, Denice

Anonymous said...

I missed it but I hope it was terrific. Have a great birthday week and way to go on the potty-training!

Love, Eone

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Sam and condolences on the loss of your friend. How sad. Glad Sarah had a fun weekend. I hoped to make it up to Chicago before my friend moved back to Austin July 4, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I may be there in August for my cousin's 50th.

Still keeping you in my thoughts and hoping this new drug regimin clears the liver. Take care and I hope you have a good summer. It's hot here... (just to make you feel better :)

Love - sharon