Thursday, September 25, 2008

Results are in ...

I got the results from my brain MRI and blood tests today. The pituitary tumor is stable, and the rest of my brain "remains unremarkable". I love that wording! My tumor markers were both normal, which means ... I get to take a break from chemo! They checked my estradiol levels (estradiol is a form of estrogen) and I am not in menopause yet, despite monthly shots to shut down my ovaries. I suspect that I will have to start taking Tamoxifen again. And I will probably have my ovaries surgically removed sometime in the near future. But right now, I'm not worried about that ... just so happy to not have to get chemo for a while. Hopefully it'll be a good, LONG while!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fantastic news! We are so glad and relieved to hear about the turn of events, and we're proud of you for fighting and winning.

Love,
Paige and Trey

Anonymous said...

How totally awesome - I'm so happy for you & your family. Enjoy the respite, and feel well!
-Julie

Sylvia said...

That is such great news! You have been so amazing and positive through everything. What a great feeling to know you won't have to do chemo and you can feel healthy and have the energy you need to enjoy your family.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

-Jennifer and Jeff

Anonymous said...

congratulations sarah, that's great news. I'm thriled to hear it. - Sharon

lila said...

that is wonderful....praise the Lord...i know you shared on YSC, but i wanted to read here too

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah:

You are continuously in my thoughts and prayers and I am so glad about the good news. Hang in there friend, we all love you.

Denice Swedberg

Anonymous said...

I am sure this is such a relief to you that I can't imagine. Enjoy your freedom from chemo! YEAH!!!!