Thursday, August 04, 2011

30 July - Skydiving




I went skydiving last weekend while my college friend Jeff was in town for a skydiving summer fest. It was great! My second time doing it and what a rush. We jumped at 13,5000 ft and even though I was strapped to an instructor, he had me pull the chute at 5,500 ft and then steer the chute for the rest of our ride down. Ben and Sam got to watch me do it and we also watched many other jumpers coming down while we were there.
Ben, Sam and I are doing well. The summer is flying by (no pun intended - I promise) and we've got plans leading all the way up to the starting of school. Right now, my parents are visiting and I'm doing the 3-day walk for the cure (60 mile walk) starting Friday. I've been training, so I should be ready - but we'll see soon enough... This walk is something that has been on my mind all year since I started collecting donations for it in January. I'm excited that the time has finally come to do it. I know it will be an emotional journey as well as a physical one, but I'm ready for both. Remembering and cherishing Sarah is be important to me. If anyone would like to donate to the walk that hasn't yet done it, the link is www.the3day.org/goto/sixtyforsarah.

1 comment:

Outsource said...

Great Pictures and feels like a treat to look at them.
Lovely Pictures