Saturday, April 26, 2008

Aaarrgh ...

We didn't get an answer today, so now we have to wait until Monday, at the earliest, to find out if I am approved for the SIR Spheres treatment. We've been assured that things are moving very quickly (as far as these things go), but it sure doesn't feel like it! It's hard being in limbo ... if I had done the chemoembolization, I'd likely have recovered from it by now. I really hope that I'm able to do this treatment, and that it's worth it after all this waiting!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how hard it is to wait and how frustrating. I hope you get the approval monday morning. PJ and I are at a coffee shop trying to pretend like we are younger than we are and cool as we work on work on a weekend. - Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just finished reading your blog and am hoping and praying that your appeal is answered soon. My name is Suzanne Lindley and I had Sir-spheres three years ago. Without it, I would be alive today. There are many others that say the same thing. I helped to start a Sir-spheres support group just over a year ago and you might find it helpful. Go to www.y90support.org. YES has helped with a number of appeals. 1-877-937-7478. Wishing you lots of luck!!!!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

so, i was just about to post a comment and then, i saw my name and i thought, wow, sarah and alan know another pj. but, alas ... it was me. i think working on the weekend, actually is cool, no?

fingers crossed that you get some news from the insurance company soon!

pj