Friday, April 25, 2008

Still waiting ....

We thought we might get an answer from the insurance people today, but we didn't. We heard from the person who is handling it that they were asking questions and going back to consider it, which is good news. They didn't automatically deny it, so she thinks we may get an approval tomorrow. It sounds like UIC would get me in for the angiogram right away once we get insurance approval, so we are hopeful that we could get the ball rolling early next week.

I've been off of chemo for almost four weeks now, and while I am enjoying a "chemo break", I'm worried the cancer is too. I got a copy of the final PET scan report, and there were 2-3 abdominal lymph nodes that also showed up on the PET. Systemic chemo is the way to treat them, and I can't start that again until a few weeks after the SIR Spheres procedure. Hopefully the Herceptin is keeping them under control for now.

My hair is starting to grow back now that I'm off the Taxol/Carbo. I have tiny little stubby eyelashes and patchy hair on my head. My eyebrows are still MIA, and until the hair on my head fills in, I'm still wearing hats, but I'm making progress!

Fingers crossed ... I'll have good news to report tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been watching the blog hoping for the good news. i hope it comes today. Sorry to hear about the lymph nodes and that you can't treat them right now. Take care sarah, best of luck

Anonymous said...

that was sharon...