Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Finally approved - getting started tomorrow!

Alan talked to his contact at the insurance company late yesterday and was told that I had been approved for the SIR Spheres procedure! We need to have this in writing, though, before we can get started with anything, and we waited ALL DAY today to get the letter in hand. I had talked to the nurse coordinator at the hospital earlier in the day, and she said that I could come in tomorrow for the angiogram if we faxed her a copy of the letter before she went home at 4pm. The letter, of course, didn't come through until after 5pm. So I called and left her a voice mail, figuring we'd have to put it off another day. She called me back at 9:30 tonight, and we are on for tomorrow! I have to be there at 6am to check in. They will do some blood work and a CT scan before the angiogram, which will take 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. I should be home sometime in the afternoon or evening tomorrow. Wow, after all the waiting, things are moving fast! Assuming all goes well with the angiogram tomorrow, I should be able to get the SIR Spheres next week. I am so glad to finally get started, and I'm very thankful that my in-laws stuck it out with us so that we can get started on such short notice. After a thoroughly frustrating day (including me hitting a pothole and needing to get new tires for the van), I can breathe a big sigh of relief. Whew!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved to hear this good news and will look forward to checking in next week to see how it all goes. You are in our prayers.

Paige and Trey

Robin said...

Oh, that is so good to hear!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that. I will be praying for you while you go through the new treatment!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you got some good news! Good luck with the coming treatment- I hope it kicks some cancer butt!
-juliecarole

Anonymous said...

What a relief. I hope the procedure goes well and you have a swift recovery. - sharon

Anonymous said...

I hope today went well. I'm so glad you could started so quickly without further delay.

Anonymous said...

We were so glad to hear the news. Once Sarah is feeling better, hope we can get together for dinner. In the meantime, let us know if there is anything we can do.

Tj& Joyce

Anonymous said...

YAHOOOOOOO!!!I'm so glad that you were approved and want to wish you a very Happy Belated Anniversary. Good luck with your little magic beads. May they give you the same miracle they gave to me.

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Outstanding!