Wednesday, June 04, 2008

So, although I was cleared to start chemo again on Monday, my insurance company had other plans. I was unable to get my prescription for the Xeloda pills filled at my local Walgreens. I'm required to have it filled by the specialty mail-order pharmacy. My request for an override so that I could get the first 30 day supply at my Walgreens and get started right away ... was denied. They assured me that they would put a rush on my order, but first they had to verify my benefits and co-pays ($0 at this point since we long ago met our deductible and out of pocket maximum). I finally got a call from them at 6pm tonight, at which point they sent a fax to my doctor for a prescription. So, of course they won't get that until tomorrow, and I won't get my pills until Friday (at the earliest), which means I won't start my chemo until Saturday morning. Some rush!

In other exciting news, some people moved in across the street from us with *five* pit bulls. Earlier tonight one of them got out and was following a guy down the street, barking and growling at him in a very menacing way. This happened right in front of our house, just one hour after Ben and Sam had been riding their bikes up and down our driveway. The owner did come and get his dog, but I called 911 anyway. A squad car came out and the officer went in and talked to the owner(s), but I don't know what was said. Our village doesn't have anything in the municipal code about pit bulls, so I'm told there is nothing they can do until something happens. I am sick to my stomach at the thought that *something* could happen to my kids or my neighbors' kids. I don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight ...

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!! I wanted to send you a card this year but I didn't remember until last night. I have been looking at your blog every now and then. You are truly amazing! I hope your new treatment is going well. I need to get your email address so I can write to you. I hope you have a great day!

Sylvia Richards (long lost friend)