Wednesday, July 02, 2008

MRI Results

Good news! The pituitary tumor has decreased in size to 2mm x 5mm x 6mm. That's down from 4mm x 7mm x 9mm 3 months ago and 1.3 x 1.2 x 1.2 cm at the beginning of March. The rest of my brain is "unremarkable", which is good in MRI-speak! I haven't spoken to the neurosurgeon yet, but I suspect I'll get another MRI in 3-6 months to check on it again. Considering I wasn't on any chemo for 2 1/2 out of the last 3 months, I'm starting to think this tumor may not be a met after all. As long as it stays small, I won't have to have the surgery to find out for sure!

I also got a call from my SIR-Spheres doctor yesterday. He wants me to get the follow-up PET/CT scan at 2 months rather than 3 months. I'm not sure why he changed his mind, but I'm glad I'll get a chance to see what's going on sooner - especially with the higher tumor markers. I don't have any aches & pains (aside from chemo side effects) or other symptoms of cancer elsewhere, so I hope the PET/CT won't show that it has spread anywhere else. I'll schedule it for sometime in the next couple of weeks, so we'll know for sure pretty soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've known you since the day you were born and no one has ever considered your brain to be "unremarkable"!

Lots of luck & love,

Bill & Meg

Anonymous said...

Thrilled to hear the good news!
Jennifer and Jeff

Anonymous said...

Great news on the pituitary. I'm so glad. Hope the tumor markers are significantly down on the next read as well, sorry to hear they were so high, but as you said without chemo probably not unexpected.

hope you had a wonderful. Ours was rather quiet, and hot, but actually a bit cooler than it was the prior several weeks. Take care - Sharon

Sylvia said...

I was glad to read that your results were good. I hope your next test comes back with good news. I hope you are able to enjoy your summer. Your boys sure are getting big and they are very cute!