Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sam's First T-Ball Game and an update





Here are some pictures from Sam's very first T-Ball game this morning. I took them with my phone, so the quality isn't great, but I am so impressed with myself that I figured out how to send them via Bluetooth from my phone to my computer ... all by myself! Sam batted twice and ran to first base (not third as he had done in practice) both times. He played third base and short stop, but he had more fun kicking the dirt than paying attention to the batters (as did most of the other kids on the field)! Ben has been playing Rookie ball (coach pitch), and he's done very well. I will take some pictures at his next game and post them soon.

I scheduled my PET scan for next Tuesday, after I get back from a second annual girls' weekend with my two best friends from high school, Nicole and Shelby. Last summer, they came up to Chicago for a weekend in the city. This summer, we are going to Shelby's neck of the woods, Birmingham. We plan to stay in a nice resort there and just hang out and visit. Our plans to venture further out to Atlanta, Chattanooga or Asheville had to be canceled due to the side effects I'm having on my current chemo. I've developed hand-foot syndrome, leaving my hands and especially my feet red, hot and painful. It often feels like I'm walking on shards of glass, so I need to stay off my feet as much as I can.

The high tumor markers aren't worrisome to my doctor yet. They're checking my tumor markers again this week, and hopefully, they'll be on their way down now that I'm back on chemo. The PET scan will also give us a look at what's going on, so next week we should have good idea of how things are going in my liver and elsewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip, Sarah! If you ever do make it to Atlanta, I'd love to see you.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip Sarah. Sorry to hear about the hand foot syndrome, it sounds really painful. I hope the bloodwork and scans come out well. I hope you are wreaking the benefits of living north this summer; it is really hot here.

Sharon