Monday, March 22, 2010

22 Mar - More Challenges

Sarah has been feeling a bit better the past few days. Maybe the chemo has already provided some relief, but it's hard to say. However, there's now a new challenge to pile on top of the situation: the docs discovered additional tumors invading her uterus...
Although we don't think these are immediately life-threatening, they do add to the overall "tumor load" on her system and show that the cancer has spread more than we realized. She's going in to have these tumors biopsied this Wed and we'll know more about what this means after that. And we are hoping that the Taxol will also fight these new tumors.
Sarah really enjoyed a visit from her out-of-town friends Nicole and Shelby over the weekend! And of course also the visits from our Chicago-area friends as well. Her brother and family will be back to visit again at the end of this week.
Thanks again for all the love, prayer and support from all sides. It means more than you can know and helps us through each day.

3 comments:

Noreen said...

Please let me know if I can be of help this week with the kids off...I have to keep Ben busy anyway and he would love the company.

Anonymous said...

Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way from NOLA. Gene was my boss for several years.....loved him. And I wish you all the best.

Patty LaBorde

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. I have been meaning to give you a call but with the two hour time difference, every time I get ready to pick up the phone, I'm afraid it may be too late. My thoughts are with you as always. Sharon