Saturday, June 12, 2010

11 June - Sarah's Birthday!

It was a very eventful day today. Among a few other things like having the last day of school and getting a dog, the most important thing is that we celebrated Sarah's birthday! Here she is about to blow the candles out. She really enjoyed the phone calls, cards and flowers that people brought by. And it was also nice that her brother Thomas was in town to celebrate with us. We finished the day by looking at some pictures from Sarah's childhood using a vintage slide projector and real slides.
We also have an update on Sarah's CT scan results - they put a little bit of a damper on the good news about tumor markers being down. The CT showed shrinking tumors in all areas except her spine and especially her liver - quite a few new spots showed up in her liver on the CT, but she's getting an MRI to confirm and get more detail. In the mean time we're going to continue the Abraxane treatments for her until the MRI results are in. She got treatment again yesterday and is feeling decent but a bit tired tonight. Big day tomorrow with the F.A.B 5K first thing in the morning!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I was thinking about you all week, telling myself I was going to write on your birthday, but then I always forget the day of. I hope you were able to enjoy your day. I think of you often. You are in my prayers.