Saturday, March 05, 2011

4 Mar - Sam's Birthday



Sam turned seven today. He was so excited! We did present opening and cake in the morning before school. I think it's the first year where he actually read the cards. :) He's really growing up. After school Sam wanted to go to the movie "Rango" instead of picking a birthday restaurant so we did that (we all liked the movie). The boys are doing well and we are keeping pretty busy, which helps. This weekend I'm doing the pinewood car derby with Sam and Ben is doing his karate belt test. Next weekend is Sam's birthday party for his friends and he's looking forward to that, too. "Moments" continue for me, but overall I'm doing ok. Tonight I was watching a music show on TV and Mariah Carey came on singing One Sweet Day. The line "I know you're shining down on me from heaven" got me going. I don't even like Mariah that much, but music just brings out the emotions for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam, love Aunt Barbara Those are great photos, have fun at the Pinewood Derby

Unknown said...

Wow...that first picture with Ben in the red robe taking a picture made me do a double take. He looks exactly like Sarah. Amazing.