Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hawaii - Exploring the Island





Catching up on posting! Here's the first set from our Hawaii trip. Sam's on our balcony (hotel: wow!) and again at the open air breakfast buffet overlooking terraced gardens and the ocean. The one of us together is in the open air lobby which was really cool, too. The weather was perfect - mid 70s to 80s. I also posted a picture of Sarah from a previous vacation, because she was always on my mind during this trip. Our first full day in Hawaii marked three months since we lost her, and I was very aware of who was missing at the breakfast table each morning. Even though I felt Sarah's absence constantly, I think Ben, Sam and I managed to have a lot of good adventures together as a new family of three, which is what I was hoping. I gave them a little more say in what we did than they've had in past vacations, so that kept them focused on the fun. I believe Sarah was with us in a different way, and keeping her on our minds and in our hearts during these days made me feel close to her in spirit.

2 comments:

Me and My Thoughts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me and My Thoughts said...

The trip pics are great! Glad to hear that you and the boys had a good time.

Michaela