Thursday, July 27, 2006

26 July - Sarah's Back Home


Sarah finally got to come home from the hospital today! She's feeling pretty good, although we still have to make sure her red blood cell count comes back up into the normal range. The loose shirt is hiding two very uncomfortable drain tubes that keep fluid from building up at the surgery site. We're going back to see both Sarah's oncologist and surgeon tomorrow - could be that the drain tubes can already be removed, otherwise it'll be after the weekend.

Also, here's Ben - the proud T-baller after his last game this season. He really seemed to have fun playing! And... what kid can resist the fun of kicking up that ballfield dirt? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, Sarah!!!!!!! You look absolutely beautiful -- and post-surgery and cue ball head at that - amazing! I am so proud of you and EXTREMELY relieved to see you doing so well postop. I love the blog Alan is writing - please tell him I am impressed -- and I am SO GLAD you posted the link to it on the board. I am still in MS and left your home address in Richmond, but will send you a card as soon as I get back, I promise. Thinking of you and praying for you every day. Keep us posted and I hope you got the drains removed today - you will feel so much better after those blasted things are out.

Love the photo of you and Sam on the sofa!!

Eone Beck