Thursday, March 01, 2007

1 March - Taxotere #5 and Good News

Sarah did Taxotere treatment #5 today. After the next one we'll get her MRI done to see whether this treatment is helping. We did get a glimmer of hope today after receiving the results of her tumor marker test - her CEA went from 17 down to 5.5 (normal is <2.5), so this gives us some reason to face the MRI with additional optimism. Sarah still feels fatigued most of the time and the chemo pre-meds (steroids) which prevent allergic reactions to the Taxotere also keep her from sleeping - so she's tired a lot.

3 comments:

SuperSusy said...

COOL BEANS. :) I am sooo happy you finally have good news. You are in my prayers all of the time. Love you much, Susy

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, I have a good feeling about this round. And I never have these kinds of feelings. -- Ami

Anonymous said...

Great - we'll keep our fingers crossed for more positive news with the MRI