Saturday, March 10, 2007

One car did well... and the other is in bad shape


Ben and I did our first Pine Wood Derby last weekend - he helped quite a bit in making the car and was very proud when we made the top 10. We actually did much better than I expected in the races!
Unfortunately, the very next day I slipped on some ice in our real car on the way home from work! The car spun once or twice and ran in to the guard rail - not sure if it will be fixable & I'll find out from the insurance over the next few days. I thankfully didn't get a scratch and there were no other cars involved.
Sarah got her sixth treatment this past Thursday and the MRI is on for next Monday. We'll get the results on Thursday - as usual it will be a tough few days of waiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about/see your beloved car! I hope it works out, either with a fix or a new one you like as well. I'm really pulling for great results this Thursday, you are in my thoughts. Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Lopez'

Sorry to hear about your car! Is that the car you purchased on your way home from the UK?

We've been reading your blog diligently and we think about you often. Good luck on Thursday!

Love, the Durkees

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your last treatment. I hope Thursday goes well. Sorry about the car....so glad you weren't hurt, Alan!
Jessica