Wednesday, November 18, 2009

18 Nov - Pancreatitis Again?!

Well, Sarah was just admitted to the hospital again for the same symptoms she had before - unable to eat anything due to nausea + feeling of fatigue. The strange thing is that her Lipase numbers are not elevated this time. Sarah is wondering if this was triggered by the Faslodex shot she just got but the docs don't think that should have anything to do with her pancreas. We are hoping that with more tests we can find the root cause of the issue - Sarah's really ready to feel "ok" again and frustrated that this keeps coming back. In the near term it looks like she'll likely need to be fed with intravenous nutrients like last time, but that hasn't been confirmed yet - we'll know later today, I think.
To compound the problem, I'm out of town on a trip with Sam to visit my grandmother in Germany! Sarah and I have been texting and talking over the phone quite a bit throughout the day. Thank you to Wendy for taking Sarah in to the doc and Elizabeth and Thomas for coming up from New Orleans to help for a while! I know Sarah doesn't want me to have to come back early from this trip because my grandmother isn't doing to well either, but unless this is a similar pancreatitis recovery to the one she did two weeks ago I plan to cut the trip short and get back as quickly as possible. More to follow over the next few days...

2 comments:

k said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

WTF!! Enough already. Our thoughts and prayers are always with all of you.