Friday, January 28, 2011

27 Jan


Last weekend we kept pretty busy and the week has passed pretty quickly. Sam and Ben had some gift certificates that added up to quite a bit at Target and Toys r Us so I took them shopping on Saturday. Sam decided he wanted a camera and these are two pics he took on the first day of having it. One self portrait, and a shot of Ben next to him in the car. It struck me that you can really tell how Ben has Sarah's eyes in this pic - even if he doesn't look very excited about having his picture taken. :) I think Sam caught him off guard before he could even make a face.
We're each dealing with our loss in different ways, but we all continues to talk and be open about Sarah/mommy not being here with us. Sam brings it up about once a day at least, and Ben and I just were talking about how a book he's reading reminds him of how it feels to miss mommy. Me - well it's all around me and I still think about Sarah all the time. But I'm able to remember/love/miss her without being drowned by sadness. Still comes in waves.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Ben absolutely has Sarah's eyes, and you CAN really see it in that picture. Thanks for keeping us updated, Alan. We wish you well as always.

Amy said...

Great pictures of the boys! Wow does Ben really look so much like Sarah! Love those boys! Alan, keep taking it one day at a time. You are so strong. We will get together soon. You and the boys are thought about daily.

Ellen said...

I thought the EXACT same thing when I saw the picture and before I read your post, Alan. Ben really looks like Sarah in this picture. Where'd you get Sam? Just kidding. Kids are such a mixture of both parents but it is fun to peg certain attributes. Hope to see more of Sam's photography on here.

hollyschafer said...

I am struck by Ben's resemblance to Sarah whenever I see him, especially in his big, blue eyes and infectious smile!

Anonymous said...

Ben does look like Sarah...he totally did as a little guy. I still totally see him as a 3 year old! It makes me feel so sad to read all of what you have to go through, and yet happy that Sarah's memory seems to just shine throughout. I hope that writing this blog helps you to heal, as it does for all of us who read it. Sending many prayers, Jane Treppa