Monday, January 10, 2011

9 Jan

We've received a lot of sympathy cards over the past week and I wanted to thank everyone very much for reaching out with so many thoughtful words and sentiments. They have been a source of comfort and I'm keeping them all for our Sarah memory box.
Sarah's Aunt Meg had a picture of Sarah and me printed onto canvas and stretched over a wood frame. I really like it & now have it hanging in the living room. Sarah's got such a great smile in this one!
Well, we made it through the weekend fine by keeping very busy. There wasn't much spare time at all between the several outings and visits we did. Ben and Sam are fine and seem to be adjusting. I'm doing ok - pretty much the same as the last few days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan- I love this picture of the two of you! Sarah's smile absolutely shines, she is so, so pretty. Take one day and one thing at a time whether you take that baby step, wait or even get stuck. Know that so many are here for you and your whole family. Praying for peace, strength and healing, as always, Holly

Anonymous said...

Alan,
What a Great picture of Sarah. And it looks like you have found the perfect place for it. Praying for all of you everyday. Take care, Cate

Jessica said...

That is a beautiful smile.

Anonymous said...

Such a great photo. You and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Big hugs to you all, Flora

Michaela (Mom2Nicklas) said...

What a beautiful picture! I love her smile.

ami / nov00 said...

great picture, and glad to hear that the cards are helping. The hard work of healing begins and I wish forall of you a journey along that path filled with friends, surrounded by love.