Friday, December 24, 2010

24 Dec - Funeral on 31 Dec, 11am


I'm still stunned by how fast Sarah declined and it's hard to accept that I now have to live in a world that doesn't have her in it. Hitting me in waves when little things remind me. Most of the time I'm ok and keeping busy with everyday stuff and xmas preps, and then suddenly I'll think of something and get that lump in my throat and the feeling wells up inside me. I know I have the strength bear this, but I think it's going to be a long and hard road - and I think it'll get worse before it gets better. Thank you for all the love, support, calls and blog comments - all are a comfort to me and will help me find a way to focus on Ben and Sam as we heal as a family.
Thomas and I are collecting pics of Sarah for the memorial service - here's a preview of two of mine. Missing that smile terribly right now. :(

The memorial service will be at 11am on 31 Dec at St. Simon's Episcopal Church followed by a lunch reception in the parish hall. Sarah's favorite color was blue - the boys and I will be wearing blue and I invite anyone attending to do the same if possible/practical.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan, my prayers are with you Ben and Sam during this difficult time. I thank God that Sarah had you because you were a wonderful loving caring husband and Father. I so admire your tender loving care you gave to Sarah and this beautiful blog you gave to all of us,I wll always remember my beautiful niece her beautiful spirit ,I still remember... the first time I held her when she was an infant a truly beautiful person, I pray the Lord will comfort You and your two beautiful sons.I find comfort in believing that sareh is with all loved ones in heaven, I pray that God sustains through this difficut time. I was so happy when I met you at my mom and Dads 50th anniversary party because I knew Sarah was with a wonderful person, you reminded me of my Father who was always a wonderful husband to my Mom. God Bless you and youe beautiful sons. Love Aunt Barbara

Anonymous said...

Alan, you have amazing strength, it is very easy to see that God is "carrying you." Your love for Sarah is so evident ... you are blessing us all with your words.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu

May God Bless you and your boys and Sarah's family in your continued journey.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow even the powers of hell cannot separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39. (NLT)

Anonymous said...

Alan -
You are so brave and honest in your postings. It is so clear they are straight from the heart. Thank you for sharing.

God bless your family.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Sarah's passing (been away from computer all week, but Sharon kept me informed by text). I know you must miss her terribly. I hope you can heal together and find some peace in all of this.

Jen said...

Sending you comfort and strength thoughts for the coming week. You are amazingly strong, and I admire you so much. Keeping you in our daily prayers.