Sunday, December 26, 2010

25 Dec - Christmas Wishes

I wish I didn't have to label the presents only "from Daddy."
I wish I could smile and thank her for the gift she got me.
I wish she could have seen the excitement on the kids' faces this morning.
I wish she were here.

Ben and Sam got us up at 6:30am and were twitching with excitement to open their presents. For a while there was just wrapping paper flying towards me and then I saw Sam's mouth form a perfect "O" when he saw that ripstick scooter that Sarah got for him. She knew it would score high on the "wow factor" scale and I just wish she could have seen Sam's expression. The boys had fun and they helped me find some light times as I played with them, but overall it was a tough day and I'm glad it's over.
It was great to have my parents and Elizabeth to keep me company, which made it easier. We all pitched in to make a nice Christmas dinner and I even managed to cook a dish - one that was a favorite of Sarah's.

9 comments:

kswidler said...

Thanks for posting this, Alan. I thought about you and your family many times today and wondered how you all were doing on Christmas Day.

Karen Witkin Swidler

Amy said...

I know Sarah was with you all yesterday! I know she will ALWAYS be with you. You two have a love for each other that people only wished they had. Alan- you are being watched over by the best angel ever. I believe this snow that has fallen is Sarahs blanket of love for you and the boys. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this post with us. I was wondering how you were making it through Christmas. I am glad the kids could find some joy and excitement at least for a little while. The holidays are tough, and you have had to face a big one right away. I lost my Dad a few years ago and the first year of "first" events is really tough, especially for my Mom. I promise it does get a little easier to handle, but those little reminders are everywhere for you right now. I know everyone says it, but just taking things one day at a time is all you can expect for now. I continue to pray for strength and comfort for you Ben and Sam. If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.
Anne Peters

Eone Moore Beck said...

Heartbreaking, Alan. I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain.

ami said...

continued love and comfort being sent to you.... Ami from nov00

Anonymous said...

Dear Alan, Thank you for continuing to share with all of us. It is a wonderful way to stay connected to you and your family.
We are here for you. Please let us know if we can help for Sarah's memorial service.
We continue to send prayers for comfort, peace and healing to you.
Sincerely, The Ronzio Family

Anonymous said...

We are truly heartbroken for your loss and I pray for you, Ben and Sam. I thought I would send you a website... tomzuba.com that you may or may not find a comfort now or perhaps at some later time, or maybe not at all.
May God bless you in the weeks and months ahead.

Anonymous said...

I wish, too, for you and your boys.
I wish you still had your love.
I wish the boys still had their Mom.
I wish Sarah were there with you, healthy, first and foremost. Always.

And then I wish things will get easier for your family.
I wish for a Christmas, somewhere in the future, where you are happy.
I wish for days that are not Christmas, where you are happy.
I wish you joy, someday.
I wish, because from the little bits of herself Sarah shared with me, I know that's what she wishes, too.

Peace to you.

Sylvia said...

I wish when I checked your blog, things where going better. I am so sorry for your loss. You have shown show much strength through all of this. I continue to pray for your family. I know it will take time to adjust to everything -I hope all goes well. I wish I lived closer so I could attend the funeral, but I will be thinking of you all that day.